Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 Goal Numero Uno

This year, I have three goals.  I'll post about them each separately because I'm wordy like that.

I'm doing three {fairly easy} goals because 2013 should include some life events, in particular either buying a new house or seriously adding on to this one.  I don't want to get bogged down by little projects, so I've chosen things that I can do in a few minutes each day, or even once a week.

So, the first is to read through the entire Standard Works {Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, and Pearl of Great Price}.  I saw the general idea on Pinterest {obvi}, but then found this link to a very good schedule.  It seems so insurmountable, but it's really not.  At all.

I've been doing it for three days now, and it really only takes 15-20 minutes.  Maybe less, actually.  I'm pretty familiar with the reading now {Genesis and 1 Nephi}, so I'm sure once I get into the 'thicker' parts of the Old Testament, it will be a little more challenging.  Or maybe not!

What I love most about this schedule is that it keeps you reading in different books at one time.  That's so much better for me, rather than 'powering through' one book at a time.

My only problem with that schedule above is that it isn't 'pretty'.  Yeah, I have a Photoshop problem.  So I made little cards and keep them with my scriptures.  Easy peasy.  I thought you might like them, too.

Happy reading!
















4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heidi said...

LOVE. :D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
emily said...

I have to agree. The articles is really great.

Super cute.